TMTW: September and October 2022

What happened:
Highlights in September: Had friends over for dinner, looked after Jasmin's cat Juniper, saw Beauty and the Beast on the West End, went to see the flowers left for The Queen, and headed to Just a Tribute festival at Apps Court Farm. 

October's highlights: Had family friends over for a Sunday roast, finally began my Invisalign journey, got my hair done, had a tourist afternoon with Olly's cousin who was over from Australia, then saw To Kill a Mockingbird on the West End with Olly and his mum. I also played and completed Return to Monkey Island, which was good (predictable) fun. 

What I ate:
Far too much Sri Lankan food at Kolamba, Italian tapas at Cicchetti, excellent tacos at Carne (pictured below), and a roast at No 97 in September. We headed to Arcade Food Hall in October for a feast of street food (excellent Wagyu keema pao from Hero, chicken momos from Tipan Tapan and tacos from Mexa), brunch at Brother Marcus (pictured below), excellent chateaubriand at Gazette, the tasty sharing journey at Bala Baya and a yum meat platter at The Brewhouse in The Antelope.

    
We also had Dishpatch twice at home - firstly the venison biryani and chicken skewers from Empire Biryani (the venison biryani and daal were super yum), and then a lovely ox cheek and pickled walnut pie from St John. A shout-out to Thali Ho also for takeaway thali, which was yum. 

What I watched:
Finished watching season 6 of Better Call Saul and House of the Dragon, watched Rings of Power, Inside the Mind of a Cat, Chef's Table Pizza, season 4 of Community, The Masked Dancer, She-Hulk: Attorney of Law, some more episodes of My Next Guest Needs No Introduction with David Letterman, plus started watching Street Food: USA.

Films watched: Thor: Love and Thunder, Uncharted, Up in the Air, Metal Lords, Bridget Jones's Baby, Knives Out, The Lost City and Hocus Pocus.

What I read:
In September I read 8 books, in total. I gave Lady in Waiting: My Extraordinary Life in the Shadow of the Crown by Anne Glenconner a 4* rating.

In October I read 12 books. I gave Magic Lessons by Alice Hoffman a rare 5* rating, with 4* ratings to The Candid Life of Meena Dave by Namrata Patel and This Time Next Year by Sophie Cousens.

How have you been? x

No comments