Coronavirus diary: Weeks 6 and 7


Monday 20 April
All of a sudden, lockdown is going super quick and it's week 6 for me.

Failed at spotting the Starlink this evening.

Tuesday 21 April
Saw a few of the Starlink satellites this evening. Hurrah!

Tried to watch Treasure Island, last week's National Theatre show, but gave up on it pretty quickly. Watched some episodes of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia instead.

Wednesday 22 April
Feeling meh today. Then realised I haven't left the house in eleven days. Rectified that with a walk around Wandsworth Common. People still sunbathing. I despair.

Watched the stage concert of Les Miserables in the evening.

Thursday 23 April
Nothing of note happened today.

Friday 24 April
Finished work at lunchtime and now off until Wednesday because... it's my birthday! (On Monday.) Hurrah for days off.

Saturday 25 April
Did a quiz again this evening - came third to last.

Sunday 26 April
Tried Amazon Prime Now for groceries. Ordered at 11.30am. Delivered at 1pm. Amazing.

Watched Love Never Dies, which I saw on the West End back in 2010. Not my favourite musical, but still always nice to see some theatre in these strange times!

Spent the afternoon doing some more jigsaw and catching up on episodes of Jamie: Keep Cooking and Carry On.

Monday 27 April
It's my birthday (and payday)! Definitely not the birthday I had planned - so sad not to see Mary Poppins on the West End; I saw its original run and it's my favourite - but I still had a lovely day with Olly and Compy.

Olly got me flowers, a delicious salted caramel cake from Lola's Cupcakes (we had some in the afternoon with champagne) and Animal Crossing New Horizons for the Switch.

Dip & Flip for dinner and watched Knives Out, one of my top films of the year in 2019.

Tuesday 28 April
A miserable day. Started raining in the night, then Compy woke me up at 6am wanting breakfast. Thanks.

Spent the day reading, playing Animal Crossing and finishing off leftover birthday cake.

Wednesday 29 April
Back to work today. More Animal Crossing - it's going to be a daily thing - and started watching Quiz in the evening.

Thursday 30 April
A day full of meetings and the grimmest weather: Torrential rain. Thunder and lightning. Wind. Greyness. Isn't it supposed to be May tomorrow?!

Used the waffle iron and had awesome southern fried chicken, bacon and waffles with maple syrup for dinner. Amazing.

Friday 1 May
Happy Friyay! Somehow ended up with a whole morning of back-to-back calls, which meant I was more than ready for the weekend.

Watched Andrew Lloyd Webber: The Royal Albert Hall Celebration in the evening.

Saturday 2 May
More Animal Crossing, more reading! My Kindle Unlimited trial ends on Monday so am reading as many KU books as I can.

Lots of KitchenAid research happened today - and we've ordered a stand mixer. Exciting!

Sunday 3 May
Lazy day. Made Mini Eggs cookies and enchiladas for dinner. Double yum.

No comments