The month that was: January and February 2020

What happened:
In January we headed to the theatre for & Juliet (amazing, go and see it), I started my new job, and we celebrated a few birthdays. In February we saw 9 to 5 at the theatre (enjoyable but not a must-see) and caught up with friends and family.

It's been a pretty quiet start to 2020, to be honest. I had that pesky cough and sore throat that's been going around - I made it to work, but I needed lots of rest in the evenings and at the weekends for a few weeks. Irgh. Then Olly got it just as I was getting better. Hence, all the TV shows (see below!) and not much going on.

What I ate:
A roast from The Albion (average), Vietnamese from Viet Town (BYOB FTW), lobster from Burger & Lobster, pizza from Made in Italy (awesome, as always), fish and chips from Ink Fish Bar at Seven Dials Market (yum), the tasting menu from Bala Baya (delicious Tel Aviv food) and a cheeky Five Guys (because you try eating somewhere awesome near Covent Garden on a Saturday evening without a reservation).

What I watched:
TV-wise (lots!): finished off The Witcher (the timeline was so confusing; my verdict is mixed), season two of Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan (slow start, ended well), Spinning Out (enjoyed it), Messiah (intriguing), The Morning Show (worth a watch), both seasons of Sex Education (brilliant), the final episodes of The Good Place (perfect ending) Cheer, Pandemic (so relevant), Broken, Miss Americana, the last season of Tiny House Nation (oddly addictive), Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet (liked it), volume 3 of The Chef Show (love it), the first two seasons of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (verdict still out), I Am Not Okay with This (intriguing) and #cats_the_mewvie.

Films watched: Bumblebee, Moulin Rouge, Romeo + Juliet, Instant Family, Sword of Trust, Die Hard, The Hustle, Destination Wedding, Two Ferns: The Movie, The Two Popes, Can you ever Forgive Me?, Aladdin (2019), Bad Boys, Bad Boys II, Monty Python's Life of Brian, Hitch, To all the Boys: PS I Still Love You, Toy Story 4, The House Bunny and Happy Gilmore.

At the cinema: Jumanji: The Next Level (average), Bombshell (done well), Just Mercy (excellent but an emotional watch), JoJo Rabbit (weirdly enchanting), Little Women (fab), Bad Boys for Life (amusing at times), 1917 (amazing cinematography) and Birds of Prey (dire).

What I read:
In January I read five books - and none really stood out for me. In February I also read five books: Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie, Unbelievable by Christian T. Miller and The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon were all 4* reads.

How's 2020 treating you, so far? x

No comments