TMTW: January and February 2024

What happened:
We headed to the ballet to see Matthew Bourne's Edward Scissorhands in January (excellent), made a trip to the seaside (Hove; pictured below), checked out Banqueting House (skip it!), and also saw Cruel Intentions at the theatre (decent but makes you realise how problematic the plotline is).

In February we were at the theatre again for Everybody's Talking About Jamie (average), and hosted a family lunch at ours to celebrate Olly's nan's 80th birthday. The rest of February was pretty quiet, in all honesty. Lots of resting towards the end of the month as I was poorly. 

What I ate:
We ate out at Black Bear Burger, had a Sunday roast at The Ginger Pig in Hove, tasty pasta at Bancone (but it's all about the signature dish, let's face it), and enjoyed a yum Sunday roast at Fallow in January. Plus I ate at Ploussard with a friend. 

In February we had a rather decadent tasting menu and wine pairing at Kol with friends, plus ate at Imad's Syrian Kitchen (expected more, but the haraa asbeau was our fave dish). At home we enjoyed Paul Ainsworth's confit beef cottage pie from Dishpatch; with friends I ate out at Crust Bros. And I went for a curry with my team at Kashmir in Putney.

What I watched:
TV shows: Finished season 3 of Physical, watched season 4 of For All Mankind, Monarch: Legacy of Monsters, Lessons in Chemistry, season 3 of The Morning Show, the latest episode of The Grand Tour and started watching season 1 of Welcome to Wrexham. 

Films: Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse, Fast X, The Creator, Armageddon and The Marvels.

What I read:
In January I read 13 books. I gave 4 star ratings to Beyond the Wand by Tom Felton, The Bees by Laline Paull, Nine Elms by Robert Bryndza, plus Shadow Sands by him. 

In February I read 14 books and rated Yellowface by R.F. Kuang and Trigger Mortis by Anthony Horowitz as 4 star reads. 

How is your year going? x

No comments