TMTW: December 2022

What happened: 
It was all about festive fun, and I had the Space NK advent calendar to remind me each day. We went to Hampton Court Palace to their Festive Fayre, (and became members so there'll be lots of Historic Royal Palaces visits next year). Headed to Kingston to get new decorations for the tree. (New house, new theme!)

We had snow. And it got properly cold. Lows of -7°C first thing. And so because of this, and the train strikes, I skipped my work Christmas party, though our car got delivered the next day which would have solved this if it had arrived a day earlier! We've gone fully electric, so I need to learn to how to drive a modern car as I've not been behind a wheel in nearly 12.5 years. The car gave us the perfect opportunity to drive to Kent for the weekend to see Olly's family.

    
I didn't get to do it last year because of the pandemic, but this year I got to see some of the London Christmas lights. Hurrah! And then we celebrated Christmas at home with Olly's mum. We dusted off the cobwebs post-Christmas Day with walks around Richmond Park and Berrylands Nature Reserve, plus had a rainy mooch along the Palace of Light trail at Hampton Court Palace. Finally, New Year's Eve was spent celebrating at home.  

What I ate:
Excellent Korean fried chicken at KoKoDoo (they had their truck at Hampton Court Palace Festive Fayre), an Indian at Alishan in Tonbridge, and we enjoyed the Chippie menu at Six by Nico (the deep-fried Mars Bar and Irn Bru sorbet, pictured below, was my favourite course). Met Jasmin for dinner at Cheeky Chicos. Then, finally, for New Year's Eve the (Almost) Famous at Home box. Again. With Bitch Juice (of course!).

What I watched:
Finished watching the latest season of Somebody Feed Phil and Andor (I half-watched), I watched season 1 of Girls5eva, we watched The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special, season 1 and 2 of The White Lotus, The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse and Prince Andrew: The Musical.

Films watched: Spirited, Elf, Home Alone, Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, Die Hard, Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery, Top Gun: Maverick, Ocean's 8, Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore and Mission: Impossible.

What I read:
In December I read 4 books. Katherine of Aragon, the True Queen by Alison Weir got a 4* rating from me.

Hope you had a lovely festive season! x

No comments