TMTW: February 2021

What happened:
More of the same nothingness, really! Mum had her first jab, we decided to park the house viewings until the stamp duty holiday situation is clearer, and we continued to work from home. Thrilling! 

OK, we did do something a bit different. Spring sprung towards the end of the month and we took a jaunt to Tate Britain to see the 'remembering a brave new world' installation. I cycled there, Olly ran, and it was nice to do something a bit more normal! Then the following weekend we did a massive 13-mile walk along the Thames. Two very exhausting Saturdays!

What I ate:

I made some awesome Biscoff cookies (incredible), we enjoyed a Patty&Bun kit (yum - it was a different kit from the one we had last time), ordered the Krispy Kreme Love Creations kit (fun), and had a Lebanese lamb feast from Arabica (super yum, plus I ordered a few extra bits, including their lamb and potato borek which we enjoyed later in the month with some yum Ottolenghi Simple dishes).

We had delicious takeaway pizza from Zia Lucia (I can recommend upgrading to their charcoal veggie base) and Joe Public, had some epic burgers with beef-dripping fries and a cookie dough pot from Black Bear Burger (so, so good!!), got some scrumptious brownies from Social Bite, and I ordered Ugly Dumpling... but have yet to eat them (they're frozen).

What I watched:
TV shows: Finished watching The Masked Singer (knew Sausage would win, but didn't expect it to be Joss Stone!) and Fosse/Verdon, continued watching WandaVision (still love it), plus watched Musicals: The Greatest Show (I miss going to the theatre!), Framing Britney Spears, I'll Have What Phil's Having, Broken Bread, season 1 of A.P. Biology and started watching season 2 of For All Mankind and season 2 of A.P. Biology.

Films: Snakes on a Plane, Groundhog Day, Birds of Prey, Uncle Buck, Bill & Ted Face the Music, The Ides of March, Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman 1984, Kevin & Perry Go Large, Mars Attacks!, Galaxy Quest, Bad Boys For Life, The Secret Garden, Emma and Coming to America.

What I read:
In February I read fewer books than January, that's for sure! But I still read 14 books. The Undoing by Jean Hanff Korelitz, Rescue Me by Sarra Manning, A Patchwork Family by Cathy Bramley, Ghosts by Dolly Alderton and Mind the Gap, Dash & Lily by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan were all 4* reads for me. 

How's your 2021 going? x

No comments