The month that was: August 2017

What happened:
August was pretty low-key for me. My highlight was dinner aboard The Prince Regent (review here), and I also went to the BFI IMAX for the first time. Friends came over for dinner, family visited us, and we went out for drinks a few times - including a Bank Holiday Monday Aperol Spritz by the Thames after a sunny walk. Lovely!


What I ate:
As mentioned above, we ate some serious seafood at London Shell Co, plus a cheeky Nando's and Byron (nom). I also baked a few things this month: Oreo brownies, white chocolate chip and M&M's cookies, plus a M&M topped chocolate cake. Delicious!

What I watched:
TV-wise, we watched The Handmaid's Tale (good, but seemed over-hyped by the time we got round to watching it), the final episodes of Game of Thrones (amazing) and watched The Defenders (I lost interest a few episodes in). We finally ticked off some more films from the IMDB Top 50 film challenge we set in JanuaryThe Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (11)The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (15)The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (8) and Terminator 2: Judgement Day (44).

At the cinema we watched Dunkirk (at the BFI IMAX; a beautifully shot but devastating film), Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (in 4DX; not really my cup of tea), The Hitman's Bodyguard (amusing), Atomic Blonde (I liked the music and outfits, less so the story), Everything, Everything (cute YA), Logan Lucky (good fun) and Terminator 2: Judgement Day (ticking off another IMDB film). Other films seen this month: Ocean's Thirteen, Inferno, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, Keeping up with the Joneses, The Angry Birds Movie, The Terminator and Julie & Julia.

What I read:
In August I read 32(!) books and abandoned reading nine books. My favourite book of the month (a 5* read) was The Last Piece of My Heart by Paige Toon. Other books I enjoyed (4* reads): Last Seen Alive by Claire Douglas, Together by Julie Cohen, Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon, Dead Souls by Angela Marsons, Into the Light by Aleatha Romig, Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, My Everything by Kate Marsh, Everything but the Truth by Gillian McAllister, The Third Wife by Lisa Jewel, The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena, Hold Back The Stars by Katie Khan and Letters to the Lost by Iona Grey.

How was your month? x

No comments