The month that was: November 2016

What happened:
Life is super quiet at the moment - and will be for a while. But we did celebrate Olly's birthday, head to Battersea Park for the fireworks, plus I went to a baby shower. Other than that... yep, November was a super quiet month!


What I ate:
I ate out at Lupita with a friend, Goodman for Olly's birthday (beautiful steak), and tried the new Pho in Wimbledon. Toasties were also on the agenda for breakfast since I bought Olly a Breville sandwich toaster for his birthday! (He loves it.)

What I watched:
I finished season 2 of Gossip Girl and watched the wonderful Planet Earth II. (How amazing is Planet Earth II?) As someone who lived in Brixton for almost three years, I had to watch Back in Time for Brixton, and as a cat lover, I had to watch The Lion in Your Living Room. Compy has never really paid any attention to the TV, but now she does after watching this! Finally, The Grand Tour started in November - I much preferred the first episode to the second.

Films watched: Grimsby, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows, Goosebumps, The Lady in the Van, Joy, Room, Independence Day: Resurgence, The BFG and The Peanuts Movie.

At the cinema, I saw Inferno, which was disappointing. I preferred the book, though it was wonderful to (quietly) point out spots we recognised in Florence (the whole reason I wanted to visit was because of reading Inferno). I also saw Arrival, which was I half-liked, half didn't, and Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them. I liked it, though I have not succumbed and bought the screenplay... it just seems *too* much.

What I read:
In November I read 16 books, and abandoned reading 3 books. My favourite reads of the month were An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir, How to Find Love in a Bookshop by Veronica Henry and The Amateurs by Sara Shepard. I also enjoyed Cinder by Marissa Meyer.

How was your month? x

No comments