The month that was: September

What happened:
The start of September was all about getting ready for our holiday to Santorini, working on Found, as well as doing a few days consulting work in Notting Hill - I was definitely ready for it when our holiday finally arrived! To be honest I've felt a little deflated recently - the Autumnal weather arriving in August didn't help - but now that I'm back from my holiday I'm raring to go again. Hurrah! (Though I am noticing the Autumnal weather even more after Santorini's glorious sunshine, especially with developing a slight cold. Booooooo!)

As for Santorini, it was a fabulous holiday. We spent ten days relaxing in the sunshine by our private pool, reading, eating yummy food and exploring a little bit of the beautiful island - bliss! It's a place we'll definitely go back to at some point. (I still need to blog about my Santorini adventures; you can find those posts here when I do.)

What I ate:
Greek food dominated September, and I am now a massive fan of souvlaki, gyros and fava. There wasn't as much fresh fish in Santorini as I would have liked - the menus oddly had asterisks next to most of the seafood indicating it was a frozen, not fresh, product - but there are definitely some dishes I'll be cooking at home.

 
Of course, when we got back from Greece, I couldn't wait to tuck into Sunday roasts, curries, pies and full English breakfasts.

What I watched:
TV-wise we watched Wayward Pines, half of the second season of True Detective, and continued watching The Great British Bake Off. I absolutely loved the book series of Wayward Pines, and I can also recommend the TV series. We've not finished True Detective yet - it's good, but it's not as awesome as the first series - and as for GBBO, is it just me who thinks it is starting to lose some of its appeal? I don't have a favourite this year, but I think the final of Ian, Nadiya and Tamal is spot-on.

Films watched: That Awkward Moment, Better Living Through Chemistry, The Mask, We Bought a Zoo, Iron Man 2, A Cinderella Story 3, Footloose, There's Something About Mary, Dumb and Dumber To and St. Vincent.

What I read:
I read a staggering 65 books (I was an absolute book fiend in September because of my holiday and reactivating Kindle Unlimited for the month - see which ten books/series you *must* read that are on Kindle Unlimited here) and I abandoned reading two books.

I enjoyed the most: Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas, A Time for Living by Ruth Saberton, Buried by Kendra Elliot, Alone by Kendra Elliot, Vanished by Kendra Elliot, Bridged by Kendra Elliot, Party Girl by Rachel Hollis, Sweet Girl by Rachel Hollis, and The Blissfully Dead by Louise Voss & Mark Edwards. Kendra Elliot is definitely an awesome suspense writer, and I can't wait to read more of her books. Ditto for Sarah J. Maas (albeit her books are YA fantasy).

How was your September? x

No comments