Life of Late - June 2014

This weekend was a three day weekend for me, celebrating both Father's Day and my anniversary with Olly.

Friday evening kicked off the weekend with dinner at Joe's Southern Kitchen, followed by Matilda the Musical. Joe's used to be Navajo Joe but, regardless of the name change, it's still tasty grub: I went for the very tasty Joe's prison plate.

Matilda was truly awesome. It takes all the wonderful elements from Roald Dahl's tale and adds the genius of Tim Minchin into the mix to make a delightful musical. I loved the set, the story and the songs - Matilda definitely makes it into my top ten musicals list, and it's one I know I'll have to see again! 

On Sunday we went to Brixton Windmill, the only remaining windmill in inner London, and one that happens to be in our neighbourhood. Brixton Windmill is free to visit, but you need to book if you want to take the full tour. It's incredible to think that when it was built the area around it was just open fields - Brixton is certainly very different nowadays!

Brighton beckoned us on Monday for our anniversary. It wasn't hot like it was last week, but we still had a lovely afternoon walking around the town and seafront, eating fish and chips on the beach, and donuts on the pier. I also played my first ever game of crazy golf, somehow managing to get an impressive three hole-in-ones! (But I still lost. Booooooo!)

All-in-all, a pretty darn good weekend, don't you think? x

No comments