TAG, you’re it. Get to know me.

I was tagged by Zili in the "Get to know me" meme, so here it goes!

Tell us 5 random facts about you:

1. I'm a dreadful singer.
2. I was a guest on The Big Breakfast with rock band Terrorvision. Oddly enough, years later I worked with one of the band members. I was working in a corporate communications role; he was their in-house designer. (Not at all rock and roll!)
3. I collect thimbles.
4. I passed my driving test first time with two minors... this was despite writing off my instructor's car the month before. (It wasn't my fault!)
5. I have a cat called Compost.

When is your birthday? 

 April - I'm most definitely a Taurus!

What is your favourite colour? 

Turquoise.

What is your favourite memory? 

My first date with Olly. We went to London Zoo, hung out in the park, and then went for dinner and drinks at Paramount, Centre Point. It's most definitely the most expensive first date I've ever been on and, it goes without saying, the best!

Describe a day in your life:

I don't have a typical day at the moment. I finished my day job last week so I have more time to write - this week has turned into sorting out "life admin", but I'm hoping to get into a routine soon!

What are your five favourite songs?

Not definitive, but these five are definitely up there as some of my favourite songs!

1. For Reasons Unknown - The Killers
2. Pork and Beans - Weezer
3. This is Hardcore - Pulp
4. Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
5. Atomic - Blondie
 
If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? 

I'm going to be sneaky and say pig so that covers off bacon and pulled pork - two firm favourites of mine!

What is something you really dislike? 

Cheese. I just don't get it.

Summer or Winter? 

Summer - I love being warm and the lighter nights.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why? 

After my recent birthday trip there, I'm going to pick Barcelona. I loved the city vibe mixed with the beach lifestyle.

Name five of your favourite films:

I definitely have more than five favourite films, so this isn't necessarily my top five!

1. How to Steal a Million
2. Zoolander
3. 10 Things I Hate About You
4. Stardust
5. WALL·E

If you won the lottery, what would you buy? 

Depending on how much I won, I'd love a little Kandinsky or Picasso painting. 

Favourite day of the week?

Saturday, of course! It's a day when you can be completely lazy after the working week, knowing that you still have another day to left to do all the boring chores!

What 3 things would you take to a desert island? 

Assuming that I'm only going to visit the desert island and I can easily get home, I'd take my Kindle full of awesome beach reads, a comfy hammock and plenty of sunscreen.

Sweet or Savoury? 

I love both, but I love sweet stuff a fraction more.

Early Bird or Night Owl? 

Neither! I used to be a night owl but I'm definitely not that or an early bird now.

Name five of your favourite books:

Again, this is in no way my definitive top five list!

1. The Secret Island - Enid Blyton
2. George's Marvellous Medicine - Roald Dahl
3. Cents and Sensibility - Maggie Alderson
4. A Walk in the Woods - Bill Bryson
5. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J.K. Rowling

Favourite drink?

A caipirinha - I had the best one ever, oddly enough, in a stream near the Genipabu Dunes!

Favourite animal? 

That would have to be giraffes! Olly adopted Ellish, a giraffe at London Zoo, for me. I'm also a big fan of penguins.

Who do you tag next? 

I tag Paula, Hannah, Jenny and Kirsty!

No comments