Baking and biographies!

As well as delivering a bank statement today - boooo! - the postman also had these to hand to me.

It's getting rarer and rarer nowadays that I'm having physical books sent to me - I have most definitely become a Kindle convert over the past year - but although the internet is a wonderful resource for recipes, it's much nicer to have a cookbook to pour over!

I have been tempted to give some cookbooks a go on Olly's tablet - I can't see it working on my normal Kindle, to be honest, though it would suit the coloured Kindle Fire - but Baking Made Easy by Lorraine Pascale is cheaper in hardback anyway and it seems wrong paying more for the Kindle edition than it does a physical copy. Just me?

I am a massive Audrey Hepburn fan and quite often for Christmas my aunt will buy me a biography book of someone I admire. Previous ones have included Coco Chanel and Enid Blyton. But, as I didn't spend Christmas in Dorset for the first time in a decade, I didn't get my biography from her to read over the holidays and ended up reading Camp David by David Walliams on my Kindle instead. I decided though I really do need to read an Audrey biography as I'm such a big fan. After scouring several biographies and their reviews online I decided on Audrey Hepburn: Fair Lady of the Screen by Ian Woodward.

I can't wait to read it and have a go at some of the recipes from Lorraine's book. Baking and a biography seems the perfect way to spend this weekend, providing my oven gets fixed before then! What are your weekend plans? Are you a fan of baking and biographies? x

No comments