Beauty review: JINNYlash

At the weekend I trotted down to JINNY Salon, just off Bond Street, to have half a set of JINNYlash put on. The ridiculously unfair thing about being a girl - compared to men who don't *need* long eyelashes, yet have them anyway - is that we have to enhance our lashes with mascara to make our eyes pop out.

Seeing my friend with her awesome set of eyelashes immediately made me jealous and want my own set put on. Luckily, I saw a tweet asking if anyone was interested in getting a set done, then sharing their experience, to which I obviously said YES!

I can't really tell you much about the process as I picked my lash length (a little longer than if I was wearing mascara), closed my eyes, and let them get on with putting on the eyelashes. But, it was quick, pain-free (always a concern with anyone having a beauty treatment for the first time) and I was pretty darn pleased with the end result.

The lashes are silk and curve naturally so they don't look artificial as can be the case with those do-it-yourself eyelash brands, and the fact that each lash is put on individually really makes a difference. Depending on how you look after them, they can last AGES until they fall out naturally, but touch ups can be done by the salon if you lose some along the way.

One thing that I will point out though is that since I wear contact lenses, I have more day-to-day contact with my eyes. I also suffer from hayfever which means dry and itchy eyes. As with anything, it depends on you as an individual to how long something will last. I've noticed already that I've lost some lashes, but I know that's because of my circumstances. You can see on this picture taken five days after I had them put on that the inner lashes aren't as prominent as on the rest of my eyes.

But, I'm still thrilled with them, despite this. It's quite refreshing not to have to struggle to take my mascara off properly in the evenings. I love my mascara (Chanel's Inimitable waterproof mascara in black), but it's a bugger to get off if you're feeling lazy. I will be booking another appointment for October - the full set this time - when I have a wedding to attend, but also when I fancy making my eyes pop. After all, a girl has got to do what a girl has to do to combat the unfairness of men getting those long lashes!

If you agree with this male eyelash injustice and want to have some JINNYlash put on to level the playing field, then until August 15th you can book an hour of treatment and get a full set put on for £50, instead of the usual £150. Bookings can be made up until November 2011 - visit their site for more info, or call 0207 495 8383 to book.

No comments