Best films and books 2012

For the first time in about five years I've barely been to the cinema. I even cancelled my Cineworld card at the start of November, which speaks volumes about how often I am frequenting the flicks. Out of the films I did manage to see in 2012 though - you can find all the films I saw at the cinema and all the books I read in 2012 here - my favourites were:
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
  • The Descendants
  • The Dark Knight Rises
  • Skyfall
  • Life of Pi

Books-wise, I also loved the book versions of two of my favourite 2012 films, The Descendants by Kaui Hart Hemmings and Yann Martel's Life of Pi - the films are based on the respective books. Other favourites reads in 2012 were (in no order):
  • The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern
  • The Woman He Loved Before - Dorothy Koomson
  • Einstein's Dreams - Alan Lightman
  • Shutter Island - Dennis Lehane
  • Perfect People - Peter James
  • Little Girl Lost - Brian McGilloway
  • The Ask and the Answer - Patrick Ness
  • The Marchwood Vampire series - Shalini Boland
  • Outside - Shalini Boland
  • The Blessing - Nancy Mitford
  • The Kindest Thing - Cath Staincliffe
  • Babies in Waiting - Rosie Fiore
  • The Declaration - Gemma Malley
  • Mortal Chaos - Matt Dickinson
  • Into the Darkest Corner - Elizabeth Haynes
  • Pretty Little Liars series - Sara Shepard
  • Shantaram - Gregory David Roberts
  • Clockwork Angel - Clare Cassandra
  • The Secret Keeper - Kate Morton 
  • Behind a Closed Door - Mel Sherratt
  • The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky
How about you? What have been your favourite books and films of 2012? x

2 comments

  1. Favourite books I think The Perks is up there too. I also really liked the first book in The Mortal Instruments series - it's possible that, this snuck into 2013 instead I'm not entirely sure.

    Films wise erm......The Avengers was pretty good (that was April as me and my brother went for my birthday). The Hobbit just squeezed it - it was okay but not as awe feeling as LOTR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't like The Mortal Instrument first book (I've only read the first one) as much as I liked her Clockwork series, I have to admit. And I've not been to see The Hobbit, can you believe it! It will probably be just a DVD watch at some point.

    ReplyDelete