Jane Austen: Emma

Jane Austen January moves onto:

Emma (1815)

Beautiful, clever, rich - and single - Emma Woodhouse is perfectly content with her life and sees no need for either love or marriage. Nothing, however, delights her more than interfering in the romantic lives of others. But when she ignores the warnings of her good friend Mr Knightley and attempts to arrange a suitable match for her protégée Harriet Smith, her carefully laid plans soon unravel and have consequences that she never expected. With its imperfect but charming heroine and its witty and subtle exploration of relationships, Emma is often seen as Jane Austen's most flawless work.

which will run until February 25th.

Please be aware comments on this post will contain spoilers for those who wish to discuss during their reading. If you don't want the book to be spoiled, wait until you've read it to comment and discuss! And remember to still discuss Sense & Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice and Mansfield Park (especially Mansfield Park - no one has commented!).

Happy reading! :D

2 comments

  1. I really liked this one, although in parts, I was just getting really frustrated with her! It's been a while since I read it so I can't remember all the details but I was quite satisfied when I got to the end and was smiling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ pinkjellybaby - I've never read this one, so I look forward to it reading it! :0)

    @ Efigênia - Thank you very much! Thanks for stopping by! :0)

    ReplyDelete