TMTW: November 2023

What happened:
Olly tuned 40, so we headed to Iceland for a long weekend to celebrate. As we did a lot of the more touristy things when we were there in 2019, this time we did a few more unusual things. And we didn't stay in Reykjavik. 

Instead we headed to the geothermal town of Hveragerði (Hveragerdi) where we'd actually stopped off before on our Golden Circle tour. But the town has changed a lot since 2019 and it now makes an excellent base if you want a bit more of an adventurous holiday. Blog posts coming soon, but we snorkelled between the tectonic plates, visited The Lava Tunnel, went on a buggy adventure tour and hiked to the Reykjadalur hot springs. All in one weekend!

Back in London, we hosted Olly's family for a birthday lunch at home, I did a brief work trip to the Tate Modern, we headed to the House of Dreams (pictured above), saw Frozen on the West End with two of the niblings, plus got a Peloton Bike+ in the Black Friday sale.

What I ate:
Dinner at Thali Ho (we usually go for takeaway!), brunch at The Table Cafe, the eight-course tasting menu at Myrtle, the best sweet potato shakshuka I've ever eaten at Spinach East Dulwich (below), dinner with the niblings at Wildwood, plus I did the tasting menu at RedFarm. 

At home, from Dishpatch, we had the signature king prawn curry laksa by Sambal Shiok. I also ordered cookie dough from Blondies Kitchen

What I watched:
Finished season 2 of Foundation, watched season 3 of Only Murders in the Building, season 2 of Loki, and started watching season 2 of The Afterparty. Films watched: The Martian and A Haunting in Venice.

What I read:
In November I read 13 books. I only gave a 4* rating to None of This Is True by Lisa Jewell this month. 

How have you been? x

No comments