TMTW: August 2023

What happened:
I still had COVID at the start of the month. Booo! But I recovered quickly and we were able to have people over for BBQs and what not. And I was perfectly fine by the time I went on a work trip to Leeds. Fun thing in the evening there was Electric Shuffle (I was rubbish). I finished Invisalign as well! 

We headed to the theatre twice, once to The Old Vic for Groundhog Day, then the week after to the Barbican Centre for A Strange Loop. Both are theatres I've never been to before - and A Strange Loop was very different to any musical I'd seen before! Finally, I had a Blue Diamond facial at Liberty, which is epic value and also one of my favourite facials. Think of it as buying the facial and then you get a free Omorovicza product (to the value of the facial). Amazing!

What I ate:
In Leeds, had Thai food from Sukhothai and then finally went to Almost Famous in person, instead of doing a DIY box at home. Though we did also do a box at home in August! Back in London, we had pizza from Bad Boy Pizza Society at The Understudy, which is different pizza to what they have at Seven Dials Market - I prefer Seven Dials - I had a chicken dinner at Hawkins Forge, and we headed to Bar Douro for yum (but pricey) Portuguese. We also did the Trip to Lima box on Dishpatch. 

What I watched:
Finished watching Secret Invasion, watched season 2 of The Bear, watched H/JACK (so gripping), season 1 of Slow Horses, rewatched season 4 of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and watched season 1 of Only Murders in the Building. Plus started season 2! Films: Dungeons & Dragons: Honour Among Thieves and The Beanie Bubble.

What I read: 
In August I read 11 books. I gave 4* ratings to Other People's Husbands by Elizabeth Noble, Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin and Killing Mind by Angela Marsons. 

How was your month? x

No comments