TMTW: May 2022

What happened:
Hosted a family roast at home (I love our house!), went to the cinema for the first time in ages, had a work night out at Flight Club, hosted a BBQ for friends (again, I love our house!) and saw Cinderella at the theatre (so, so bad).

We headed to Whitstable for a weekend - had a lovely time mooching around on the Saturday, then cheered on Olly's brother in a half marathon on Sunday. Afterwards we spent the rest of the day hanging out in a beach hut with Olly's family, BBQing and enjoying the sunshine, though I felt rubbish on the way home. I don't know whether it's because I'm doing more, which is a shock after the pandemic, or being out and about, so more exposed to germs. Or a bit of both! Finally, we headed to Kent to say goodbye to Olly's childhood home and helped move his mum to her new home.

What I ate:
A decent roast at Stoke House, pizza at Franco Manca and a tasty Thai feast at Plaza Khao Gaeng. We also did the Mexican spiced duck kit at home from El Pastor, which was seriously yum. And I made Milk Bar's bagel bombs - the first thing I've baked in the new house! 

In Whitstable we had dinner at The Rock Lodge, which was super yum (interesting theming, but you seriously need to order the baked monkfish in lobster bisque if it's on the menu, pictured above), then the following evening headed to Wheelers. Wheelers, of course, is the famous pink oyster bar in town and we very much enjoyed their tasting menu. In the day we feasted on oysters. Fish and chips. Ice cream from Gelateria. Drinks at The Old Neptune. More fish and chips. And then that aforementioned BBQ on the beach! (Shout-out to The Forge for their oysters and fish and chips.)

What I watched:
TV-wise: Moon Knight (though I only half-watched it after the first episode; not for me!), Yellowjackets (should have been a limited series), One Man and His Shoes, season 2 of The Morning Show (meh; nowhere near as good as season 1) and started watching Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Films watched: Venom: Let There Be Carnage and No Time to Die. At the cinema we watched Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness (wait for it to be on Disney+!).

What I read:
In May I read 21 books. A rare 5* rating for The Only Plane in the Sky: An Oral History of 9/11 by Garrett M. Graff, with 4* ratings for: A Court of Honey and Ash by Shannon Mayer and Kelly St. Clare and Diddly Squat - A Year on the Farm by Jeremy Clarkson. 

How's your month been? x

No comments