TMTW: March and April 2021

What happened:
In March I started my second year working exclusively from home, went for walks, played the new hospitals on Two Point Hospital, read lots of books, and watched lots of TV. Oh, lockdown life. 

April saw a day trip to Kent on Easter Sunday to see Olly's family, on and off teeny flutterings of snow, the easing of certain lockdown restrictions (some serious lockdown fatigue before that, I must confess) and, finally, time off at the end of the month (for my birthday - but also because I really needed a break following an intense four months at work!).
For my birthday we headed to the seaside. We took the train to Ramsgate, then walked along the coast to Broadstairs, before continuing on to Margate. We stayed overnight in this rather cute Airbnb, then came back to London to have a much-needed lazy week at home.

Broadstairs was definitely my favourite seaside town out of the three, and the bays between Broadstairs and Margate are certainly the most picturesque. I wouldn't say you need to stay overnight if you're visiting from London, but it was nice for us to have a night away! We were lucky that it was sunny but, my goodness, it was freezing with the wind. 

What I ate:
Lots of food kits at home were enjoyed over these two months, starting with some excellent dumplings from Ugly Dumpling, the chilli cheese Bubbledogs kit (not linked as they don't sell the hot dogs kits anymore), and the vegetarian box from Stein's at Home. All excellent.

           
We've had tasty kits from SMOKESTAKBurger & Beyond, Monty's Deli, Berenjak Bazaar (pictured above) and the Le Swine bacon butty kit. Not to mention a very scrumptious birthday cake from Cutter & Squidge. Again, all delicious! The Le Swine bacon butty was seriously yum, and I was a big fan of the fried chicken that came with our Burger & Beyond kit (pictured above). 

I can't remember them all, but we also had some awesome takeaways in March and April. The ones I do remember include Salt Shed (who do the BEST burgers), Blacklock (superb), Jaffna Kitchen (muttons rolls FTW) and Outfry (excellent Korean fried chicken). 

        
In Margate we enjoyed a lovely dinner at New Street Bistro, even though it was freezing because of the outdoor eating only rule (my starter is pictured above). In Broadstairs we had awesome burgers and chips from Please Sir! (also pictured above), and fish and chips - of course! - from The Mermaid. Back in London we had my birthday dinner at Gunpowder (yum what we had, but we only had half of our meal as the restaurant lost gas!), then headed to Vardo later in the week for brunch. Two rather excellent foodie months - but I'll be very glad when indoor dining returns!

What I watched: 
TV shows: Finished watching WandaVision (loved it), watched Your Honor (so intense!), Devs, season 3 of AP Bio, The Flight Attendant (liked it), Louis Theroux: Shooting Joe Exotic, This is a Robbery, Firefly Lane (average), The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (much preferred WandaVision) and continued watching season 2 of For All Mankind.

We also watched some of the concerts we recorded from Sky Arts last year - so far we've watched Pulp, David Bowie, Oasis, KISS and Hans Zimmer. 

Films watched: Coming 2 America, Beverly Hills Cop II, Beverly Hills Cop III, Weird Science, Moxie, Ava, We're the Millers, Baywatch, Zack Snyder's Justice League, D3: The Mighty Ducks, The Proposal, Just Friends, Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates, Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens, Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi, Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker, A Knight's Tale, Thunder Force, Cast Away, Pitch Perfect, Pitch Perfect 2, Limitless, This is 40, Stowaway, Promising Young Woman, Love and Monsters, Iron Man, Marvel's The Avengers and An American Pickle. 

What I read:
In March I read 17 books. My favourite reads (rated 4*) were: What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty, The Telephone Box Library by Rachael Lucas, The Plea and The Liar, both by Steve Cavanagh, and The Pretender's Gold by Scott Mariani.

In April I read 25 books. My favourite 4* reads were: Playing Nice by J.P. Delaney, The Sight of You by Holly Miller, Night Music by Jojo Moyes, and House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J Maas. 

How have you all been? x

No comments