The month that was: September 2020

What happened:
Olly started his new job, we escaped to Portugal for an awesome week in Sintra and Lisbon, then had to self-isolate for two weeks when we got back. That was literally September! 

Pena Palace and National Park

What I ate:
I managed to have lunch at Wagamama with a work friend who lives near by, plus enjoyed dinner and wine with Jasmin at Humble Grape before we went away. A shout-out goes to A Nossa Casa for hands down the best meal we had in Lisbon, Augusto Lisboa for the best scrambled eggs I've ever eaten, and Pastéis de Belém for the best custard tarts. 

What I watched:
TV shows: finished watching High Score, watched Chef's Table BBQ, watched season 1 of The Boys, continued watching Ted Lasso, watched season 1 and 2 of Schitt's Creek (love it!), the latest volume of The Chef Show (there's never enough new episodes!)and started watching The Great British Bake Off and Taco Chronicles.

Films watched: The Thomas Crown Affair, Terminator: Dark Fate, Enola Holmes and The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. 

Theatre watched: Fame the Musical: 30th Anniversary Tour.

What I read:
In September I read 8 books. I rated The Five by Hallie Rubenhold, Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman and House of War by Scott Mariani as 4* reads (ratings can always be found on Goodreads). 

How was your month? x

No comments