The month that was: November 2019

What happened:
We celebrated Olly's birthday with a visit to the Chapel Down Gin Works, followed by dinner at Ottolenghi's, headed to the Gherkin for drinks at Iris Bar (dreadful service), and had friends over for dinner (cooking from Ottolenghi's Simple, funnily enough).

My friend visited for a jam-packed weekend full of food, a trip to the Bridge Theatre to watch The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (lovely), and a visit to the Saatchi Gallery to explore the Tutankhamun exhibition (absolutely incredible). I also had norovirus (awful, obviously) and got offered a new job (hurrah!).

What I ate:
The aforementioned dinner at Ottolenghi's for Olly's birthday (scrumptious - my favourite dish was the slow-roasted Cabrito goat), brunch at Dishoom (epic, as always) and Bean & Hop (awesome food, but super slow service - we waited 40 minutes for our drinks, and just over an hour for food), plus steak from Arlo's (delicious, as always).

What I saw:
TV-wise, we watched season 3 of GLOW, started watching His Dark Materials and The War of the Worlds, watched Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, season 3 of The Crown, started watching season 4 of The Good Place and season 1 of Ugly Delicious.

Films watched: Solo: A Star Wars Story, Rogue One, Star Wars: A New Hope, The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, All is True, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. At the cinema: The Aeronauts (I'm never going up in a hot air balloon...) and Knives Out (awesome; highly recommend it).

What I read:
In November I read ten books. My 4* reads this month were: The Magnificent Mrs Mayhew by Millie Johnson, War Horse by Michael Morpurgo, and Broken Bones and Dying Truth by Angela Marsons.

How was your month? x

No comments