The month that was: May 2018

What happened:
Werk, werk, werk! It's been my first full month in the new job, and other than the aforementioned werk, werk, werk, I've been enjoying the sunny weather, lazy weekends, planning this year's holidays, and treating myself to some lovely skincare treats (I've subscribed to Look Fantastic's beauty box, and I also ordered their one-off ESPA collaboration box which is amazing value).

So far, for our main holiday, we have a flight booked to Vietnam and a flight back to London departing from Hong Kong... now we just need to work out the bit in-between! We've got a rough idea, and I'm super excited to finally visit Vietnam - it's been on the bucket list for ages! But, before that we've got a trip to Ireland, and maybe some Disneyland Paris fun. Happy (holi)days!

What I ate:
We headed to Osteria Antica Bologna for a yummy Italian dinner- their monkfish special was super yum, as was their wild boar ragout - and for lunch in the City, Farmer J was the highlight this month.


What I watched:
TV-wise, we finished watching season four of How to Get Away with Murder, watched the second half of season two of Designated Survivor, the TV series reboot of Lost in Space, watched Evil Genius (not quite sure why it's suggested it's as awesome as Making a Murderer), and the second season of Santa Clarita Diet (the writing and humour is wonderfully sharp).

Films watched: Wonder, Logan, Top Gun, Churchill, The Greatest Showman, The Dark Tower, The Brits are Coming, O Brother Where Art Thou? and Cuban Fury. At the cinema we watched: I Feel Pretty (a lot better than I expected), Avengers: Infinity War (again), Deadpool 2 (not a fan but, then again, not surprising as I didn't like the first one), Life of the Party (dire) and Solo: A Star Wars Story (good fun).

What I read:
In May I read six books and I abandoned reading two books. My favourite book of the month was Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman, which scored a rare 5* from me, and I also enjoyed (4* reads): The Plastic Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg, The House of Secrets by Sarra Manning and A Brief History of Everyone Who Ever Lived by Adam Rutherford.

How was your month? x

No comments