The month that was: May 2017

What happened:
This month feels like I've been super busy, but I can't really pinpoint why! I'm still freelancing in Tunbridge Wells, and other than that all I can recall of note is that I went to see The Addams Family musical at the New Wimbledon Theatre. Cameron Blakeley (Gomez) was definitely the star of the show, Carrie Hope Fletcher (Wednesday) had the best voice, and Les Dennis (Uncle Fester) was a delight. The lyrics were super amusing, but the overall story was a little lacking. 3.5/5 from me!

June, hopefully, should be a bit more interesting since we're going to Lake Como and have a few other things on the cards. Oh, and I did buy these awesome Astérix and Obélix POP! vinyl figures in May - if you've read Kept, you'll know why I had to - and we also booked our holiday to Cuba. Woohoo! The gorgeous few days of sunshine we had towards the end of the month has definitely put me in the mood for relaxing on the beach.


What I ate:
We paid the Chicken Shop/Dirty Burger a visit in Wimbledon, which was yum, though service was a bit haphazard. I also went to Pho & Bun for dinner, which was disappointing. I love Vietnamese food, and I love street food, but I did not enjoy their Vietnamese street food. The pork belly in my bao bao burger was really tough. Booooo! And then, because it's clearly burger month, I also went to Byron!



What I watched:
TV-wise we finished watching Riverdale, and I continued to watch Pretty Little Liars. We blitzed through 24: Legacy, which didn't live up to the legacy left by the original 24 series, and also watched the second season of Billions. I can't wait for season three! Speaking of 24, we watched the rest of season 1 of Designated Survivor, Kiefer Sutherland's new show, and then realised the new series of House of Cards was about to drop. That's our current Netflix binge!

Films watched: Sausage Party, Jason Bourne, Elstree 1976, Rogue One, The Legend of Tarzan, Moana, Terminator Genisys, Hell or High Water, Hacksaw Ridge, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

At the cinema we watched an advanced screening of Baywatch, which was actually really funny. If you want a feel-good film that's a bit silly but is going have you smiling as you leave the cinema, go and see it! (Plus, y'know,it's got Zac Efron and Dwayne Johnson in it who are both AWESOME.) We also saw Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge, which was OK. It had some good bits in it... it had more bad bits.

What I read:
In May I read eight books and finished listening to my audiobook. I enjoyed rereading the first two books in the A Court of Thorn and Roses series, ahead of reading the third book which came out this month. I also enjoyed The Good Widow by Liz Fenton and Lisa Steinke.

How was your month? x

No comments