The month that was: March 2017

What happened:
I finished my freelance contract, my friend came to stay, we met friends for lunch and a walk on the Southbank, I *finally* went to the hairdressers, we travelled to Yorkshire to visit my family, plus we went to the Star Wars Identities exhibition at The O2. (And Olly constructed the LEGO Millennium Falcon that I bought him, just because!)


In Yorkshire, we had a mooch around York in the sunshine and climbed to the top of York Minster - before catching up with my family, playing board games, and hitting up Volcano Falls for some adventure mini golf. (I'm dreadful.) As for the Star Wars exhibition, it was enjoyable enough, but shorter than I expected. If you're a fan though, you'll enjoy it.



What I ate:
The eating out list this month included: The Ivy Brasserie Soho (my swordfish was dry so had to get them to cook another one, and the service was very hit and miss), Bukowski (prefer the Brixton branch to the one I went to in Soho), Nando's (classic), The Draft House (OK), Ping Pong (all the dim sum), Drakes Fisheries (proper fish and chips, though sadly missing scraps), Cafe Fleur (new favourite for brunch) and TGI Fridays (Jack Daniels's sesame chicken strips FTW).



What I saw:
We finished watching Better Call Saul - I can't wait to see what happens next - and we blitzed through Santa Clarita Diet. It's amusing enough, but I wouldn't say you have to go and watch it RIGHT NOW. We also watched season two of The Man in the High Castle. It took me a while to get back into it, but that ending... oooooh! And watched all of Iron Fist, which got a bit flat towards the end - definitely could have been a shorter series. We also started watching Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (amusingly odd) and Riverdale (my replacement already lined up for the end of PLL!).

IMDB films watched: Forest Gump (13) and The Godfather (2). Other films watched: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Doctor Strange, Florence Foster Jenkins, A Street Cat Named Bob, Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Trolls, The Boss, The Martian and A Hologram for the King.

At the cinema, we saw Logan, which was really awesome. I'm not really a Marvel fan, but it truly was excellent. We also saw Kong: Skull Island and, of course, Beauty and the Beast. Beauty and the Beast was wonderful, and you don't have to choose between loving the classic cartoon or this one - you can love them both, OK!

What I read:
In March I read ten books, and listened to two audiobooks. I absolutely loved listening to David Attenborough's Life on Air (wonderfully read by him, too) - he's had such a marvellous career - but I didn't rate Local Girl Missing. Books I enjoyed reading in March: My Not So Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella and How Not to Disappear by Clare Furniss.

How was your month? x

No comments