The month that was: February 2017

What happened:
I've been busy freelancing all month, but it's been nice to be out and about in central London - especially as spring creeps closer! I'm walking around 7-8 miles a day since I discovered taking the Tube from Waterloo takes me 20 minutes... walking takes me 25 minutes, and is much more scenic. (Not to mention my only form of exercise!) It's also a year since we moved from Brixton to Wandsworth, and I'm still super happy living there.


We headed to Kent this month to visit our niece and nephew, and also booked a wee trip to Belgium for my birthday. Oh, and in good news, Kept went to #4 in UK, #12 in the US, #5 in Canada and #7 in Australia (in the overall best sellers chart - got to love a BookBub promotion!). I also made it to #1 in quite a few sub-genres, and am still in the UK Top 100 chart. Woohoo!

What I ate:
We met Olly's parents at Sophie's Steakhouse for a pre-theatre dinner (them, not us), which is a nice enough place if you're in that area. Their steak frites is a bargain. We also *finally* got to go to Dip & Flip, which was awesome and we'll definitely be back. As an ex-Northerner, I thoroughly approve of gravy with burgers and chips!


I've been making the most of my lunchtimes getting my fill of as much Wasabi and burritos (Chilango, mainly, though I did try Daddy Donkey) as I can - my absolute lunchtime faves - as well as exploring the foodie delight that is Leather Lane. I also had a lunch date at The Fable (they got my order wrong, but they did rectify it), and had a Chit Chat Chaii at home, via Deliveroo. (Delicious, as always!) And, of course, there were the inevitable pancakes - the usual ones on Pancake Day, but we also had some chocolate chip American pancakes at home, with bacon and maple syrup. Yum!

What I watched:
We finished watching The Grand Tour this month, and also Luke Cage. I'm not really a fan of the Marvel TV shows, but I preferred Luke Cage to Jessica Jones and Daredevil. (I never included Daredevil in my monthly round-ups, but I did half-watch it with Olly.) We then blitzed through The People v. O.J. Simpson, which was fascinating (how did he get away with it?!), then started watching the second season of Better Call Saul. (Once BCS finishes, I really want to rewatch Breaking Bad.)

IMDB Top 50 films: Back to the Future (45) and The Prestige (50). Other films watched: Dirty Grandpa, Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, 10 Things I Hate About You, John Wick, Whiskey Foxtrot Tango and Central Intelligence.

At the cinema we saw The LEGO Batman Movie in 4DX, which was OK. I definitely prefer The LEGO Movie. We also watched an advance screening of Hidden Figures, which I absolutely loved. I now *have* to the book to read. It should have won an Oscar!

What I read:
In February I read 6 books, and listened to one audiobook: Go Set a Watchman, which was perfectly read by Reese Witherspoon. No 5* reads this month, but I enjoyed The Muse by Jessie Burton the most. (I also broke my book buying ban. Oops!)

How was your month? x

No comments