November 2015: The Hand and Flowers

The Hand and Flowers, 126 West Street, Marlow, SL7 2PB.

Last month we headed to Marlow for dinner at the two-Michelin star gastropub, The Hand and Flowers. We ate there last November as well so knew we'd be in for a treat! Once again we'd booked the restaurant back in January this year but, and is it just me, this year has flown by so it didn't feel like such a long wait.

     
I slightly preferred our visit the first time round, though that's not to say there was anything wrong with this visit. The food was still as beautiful as ever, and the dessert that I had this time was incredible. I picked the lime and white chocolate bavarois with 70% cacao sorbet and white chocolate tuile, which is that rather planet-like picture below. Easily the best dessert I've had, probably ever.

     
What always strikes me about The Hand and Flowers is that it is exceptional value for a two-Michelin star rated place. Prices have pretty much remained the same as when we went in November 2014. If you can, I'd definitely recommend you go - I'm sure we'll be back there next November. x

No comments