Celebrate, and have a good time.

I'm a wee bit stoked* to announce (in case you missed it on Twitter earlier) that I'm the new Social Media Manager for UNICEF UK. I keep saying I work for the UN, which I do, but I work more specifically for the United Nations Children's Fund. Yes, that's what UNICEF stands for! Seriously though, how fabbity is this: "Who do you work for?" Answer: "Oh, the UN." It's going to be my new pick-up angle. ;)

Silly sense of humour aside, I am utterly pleased - not least because it's probably the first time the subjects I read at university are relevant to my job (International Relations and Social Anthropology), but because it truly is an honour to work for such an organisation. I've got an impressive large-scale community already to work with, and I'm excited to keep everything fresh for current supporters, as well as spreading UNICEF UK's messages and engaging with an even larger audience.

I can also tell you that I'm going to be writing for The Next Web, that utterly brilliant international website that deals with technology news, business and culture, and has a *mere* 4.5 million readers a month.*whistles* I know!

Treacles, life is good. To say I'm happy would be putting it lightly. I said back at the end of January:

To err is human, to forgive divine. We all make mistakes. But it's picking ourselves up from them, forgiving ourselves and moving on, that's what matters.

Two months on, I know now I made the right decision, I picked myself up, and I really can't wait to see what else 2011 has in store for me. {^_^} Does anyone else have any fabbity news to share?

* understatement

3 comments

  1. OHMYGODTHATSBRILLIANTNEWSWELLDONEELLEIHADNOIDEATHAT'SWHATBEINGOFFTWITTERFORAMONTHWILLDO

    So pleased for you honey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see this until today - blame it on Google Reader - sorry my tweet yesterday was supposed to be like comedy strop and it didn't really work - congratulations my lovely! Hope you have a good time on your first day :D

    ReplyDelete