2009 Soundtrack

These are the songs which will always remind me of 2009:

1. The Killers - For Reasons Unknown
This was the song that started the New Year for me.

2. Lady GaGa - Poker Face
Awesome tune by the Gaga, which just happened to be released when I started my first grown-up job in February.

3. The Communards - Don't Leave Me This Way
This song is featured in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, which is the West End musical I saw on my 24th birthday in April.

4. Tinchy Stryder feat N-Dubz - Number One
This is the tune I'll always associate with my trip to Egypt and Jordan in May.

5. Freemasons feat. Sophie Ellis Bextor - Heartbreak (Make Me a Dancer)
The summer song, which represents my many weekends in London and my trip to Turkey in September.

6. The Four Seasons - Beggin'
This is Christmas in London and Dorset. It may seem random and old, but it's because I saw Jersey Boys on the West End and this song stuck in my head!


What songs will always remind you of 2009? xoxo

If you're stuck remembering them, here's a fab mash-up of 2009 pop from DJ Earworm (spotted on Perez, but I found where you can download the song for free):


3 comments

  1. Oh god, all those songs. :) I think The Fray, Lady Gaga, OneRepublic and Taylor Swift managed to really capture my attention this year in pop music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number One is the song that definitely reminds me of being in Rhodes in May so I can totally identify. I didn't even hear it PLAYING in a bar when I was out there but I heard it the day I was about to go on holiday, loved it instantly, downloaded it and listened to it on repeat on my walkman the whole week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Liza - Now you've mentioned Taylor Swift, I've just recalled 'Love Story' is another one that I played a lot in February. So much music! :)

    @ Paula - Oh, snap!! I also first heard it the day I went on holiday, downloaded it that morning, then played it on repeat!! How strange!

    ReplyDelete