Book Review: The Ex-Boyfriend's HandBook

The Ex-Boyfriend's HandBook by Matt Dunn is another of my favourite chick lit books, except this is chick lit with a bit of a difference. We follow the plot solely through the eyes of Edward Middleton. Yes, that's right, a man!

Edward is dumped by his girlfriend, Jane, by letter, who leaves him this rather nasty PS:

I realise at this point I'm supposed to say something like "it's not you, it's me", but in actual fact, it is you.

Brilliant! So, Edward sets forward into changing his over-weight, fuddy-duddy image into the man Jane wants, helped along by best friend, Dan, and personal trainer, Sam.

It's a very witty and funny journey, and Edward is a lovable character, nicely contrasted by his man-slag best friend, Dan. With the antics of Dan you can't help but want Edward to achieve his transformation, for him to save the day for all the nice, normal men out there. There are some nice, normal men out there... right?!

It's definitely my favourite Matt Dunn book, but I read on Trashionista that there is a sequel out now - Ex-Girlfriends UNITED - so I'll have to check it out. If you check this one out, let me know what you think! Or, let me know if you've already read it - do you love the book as much as I did?

2 comments

  1. Oh how cute! That sounds like an all "win" book. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh sounds good..I'll have to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete