Beauty: Glossybox UK review May 2015

May's Glossybox was definitely better than April's poor offering, but it still wasn't great. First up, an eyeliner... Yes, *another* one. At least this time it came in a colour other than black - two different shades of blue as it's double-ended - but the MeMeMe Enchanted Eyes dual ended eye wand wasn't my cup of tea. I found that I didn't get a smooth application, which made my eyes look a little rough - not the look I was going for. 

Two moisturisers were included in the box in May, and I really like the Etre Belle aloe vera ultra moisturising gel. It has a nice smell to it, plus it leaves my skin feeling soft. I'll be using this product until it runs out - it was a full-size product - but it won't permanently replace my Liz Earle moisturiser.

The second moisturiser in the box was a small sample of philosophy's hope in a jar moisturiser - it's nice enough, but I prefer the Etre Belle moisturiser. Also, as it's such a small sample size, it was hard to get a sense of whether it actually had an impact on my skin, though all the reviews I read of it seem to be glowing ones. 

I've not noticed much of a difference using the SASS intimate perfect skin concentrate - a product to use post-shaving to help avoid ingrown hairs and to, apparently, reduce regrowth - so I probably won't use it again.

The final product in the box was Zerreau towel off shampoo, a new kind of dry shampoo. It's actually a foam that you apply to your hair if you can't be bothered to wash it, and whilst it doesn't leave your hair with that chalky feeling you sometimes get with dry shampoos, I expected more from it. I'll be sticking to using my regular dry shampoo if I'm feeling lazy, though the scent of it was nice.

All-in-all, May's Glossybox was not a great box. Are you a fan of beauty boxes? x

No comments