Kindle Unlimited review

I've found that since I added Kept to Kindle Unlimited, more people have borrowed the book than bought it, so because of this I'm investigating Kindle Unlimited as a reader. I have two weeks off to do nothing but read, relax, and go on holiday, so I can read as much as I desire at the moment. Hurrah! I'm three days into my free 30-day trial, and I've already read six books(!).

Kindle Unlimited costs £7.99 per month, and for that you can borrow any book that's part of the scheme - you can borrow a maximum of ten books at a time, but can "return" books to take out some more.

I utterly loved The Paper Magician and The Glass Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg, which I borrowed via Kindle Unlimited. Whether you borrow or buy them, I highly recommend that you read these two books. (The third book in the series, The Master Magician, is out in June - I can't wait!)

If I had bought these two books, it would have cost me £7.96, which puts the Kindle Unlimited fee at a bargain as I can take out as many books as I want (that are enrolled in the scheme) for a further 3p. (Actually, it's a real bargain for me since I'm currently using the free trial. Mwah ha ha!)

I've also borrowed Follow the Leader by Mel Sherratt - a solid 4/5 rating for Mel's latest book - and all Mel's books are available to borrow - make sure you read them if you haven't already. The Mortal Instruments series is available via Kindle Unlimited, which is another series I'll be borrowing before my trial ends. (I've only read the first book in the series.)

Whereas I can't see me having a rolling subscription, I will activate my subscription for a month or two when I have the time to have a bit of a binge reading session, like I do now. The only downside I've found, so far, is that the navigation makes it hard to find books that are enrolled in the scheme that I would actually want to read. Maybe a top 100 Kindle Unlimited chart would work better, or more genre filters?

Have you tried Kindle Unlimited? If so, are there any Kindle Unlimited gems I should be aware of?

PS: Because of Kept's popularity on Kindle Unlimited, I've also added Geli Voyante's Hot or Not. Happy borrowing!

No comments