Beauty: My Little Box September 2014

After hearing about My Little Box from my friend, London Beauty Queen, I signed up straight away. It's such a pretty looking concept that I couldn't wait for my September box to arrive though, sadly, it actually arrived in October (that's two boxes for me then this month!).

Costing £14.95 each month (includes p&p), My Little Box launched in the UK last month with their My Little Parisienne Box. The boxes are beautifully illustrated by Kanako, and I couldn't wait to open my box and see what was waiting for me.

In September's box I found the following:


The laptop cover is so cute, though I can't actually use it for my laptop (too small) or my Chromebook (too big), which is a shame. I may give it away as a blog prize, at some point; either that, or use it to store things. It's too cute not to use!

I love the My Little Carnet (notebook), though I would have preferred it if the magazine at the front of it telling the story of My Little Box could be nicely ripped out when you've read it. (Perforated pages, perhaps?)

The stickers are, again, cute, and there's a motivational poster included, too. I'm not sure what I'll actually do with those two, but they do add to making the box feel delightful.

Beauty-wise, I was sent three products in a cute drawstring bag. I'm quite new to using primer, but the 30ml sample from Laura Mercier was much better than primers I've used before so that gets a tick from me.

The box included a My Little Beauty stylo lumière pen, which can be used to create highlights. To be honest, I've always used YSL's Touche Éclat and this product just doesn't compare. Twisting the pen to disperse the liquid meant the brush got overloaded with the product, and it was quite thick liquid that came out.

Finally, the NUXE Huile Prodigieuse multi-usage dry oil can be used on your skin and hair, and Parisian women swear by it. I've used it on my skin after showering and it smells gorgeous, but I've read that adding a few drops into your bath makes bath-time a divine treat - I'll have to have a soak and find out!

What do you think to My Little Box? I can't wait for my October box for another injection of cuteness. I saw in my account that it's called 'DVF', which I'm thinking might be a collaboration with Diane von Furstenberg? I guess I'll just have to wait and see! x

No comments