The month that was: December 2019

What happened:
I went to New York City... and came back engaged! More on New York soon but we had the BEST week, which included Moulin Rouge on Broadway (incredible), seeing the Brooklyn Nets lose to the Charlotte Hornets, embracing the festive season by watching the Radio City Rockettes Christmas Spectacular and taking in the Dyker Heights Christmas lights, plus sightseeing!

Before New York we headed to Wembley to see The Nightmare Before Christmas in Concert with Danny Elfman, Catherine O'Hara, Ken Page and the London Philharmonic Orchestra (brilliant), and I caught up with friends. Post New York involved more catching up/celebrating, plus I finished work after a twenty-one month stint in the City of London. (On my last day I finally managed to tick off the Bank of England Museum, too!)

Finally, we hosted my parents for Christmas at home in Wandsworth, had Olly's mum and nan stay after that, then rang in the New Year with friends. A pretty awesome month!

What I ate:
Lots of delicious food in NYC (blog post coming at some point, but an epic Cuz sandwich from Shopsin's is what's pictured below), and I ate out lots in London this month (Well Kneaded, Nanny Bill's, Bad Egg, Santo Remedio, Honest Burgers, Franco Manca, Gaucho, Pizza Pilgrim, Nando's and The Otherist).


What I watched:
TV-wise we finished watching Ugly Delicious, His Dark MaterialsThe War of the Worlds and The Mandalorian, and started watching season two of Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan and season one of The Witcher.

Films watched: Brittany runs a Marathon,  Blinded by the Light, Tolkien, Animals, Elf, Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens, Home Alone, Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi, Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, 6 Underground, Bohemian Rhapsody, Mortal Engines, A Christmas Carol, Let it Snow, Elf (yes, again - Olly fell asleep when we watched it on the plane home from New York!), Jingle all the Way, Paddington 2, Mary Poppins Returns, Ocean's Eight, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. 

At the cinema: Le Mans and Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker.

What I read:
In December I read three books. I enjoyed The Body by Bill Bryson and Linsey Kelk's I Heart Christmas (4* reads).

How was your month? x

No comments