The month that was: March 2019

What happened:
The first week of March was all about exploring Iceland - blogs are up already about Reykjavik and exploring the Golden Circle - and we had a fabulous time. We even saw the Northern lights on our first attempt, which was fantastic!

Back in London I finally headed to Kenwood House with a friend, which has been on my London bucket list forever, and I cheered Olly on with his family and some friends when he ran his second half marathon of this year.

What I ate:
Iceland was full of delicious dishes, and I'll be sharing my top places to eat in Reykjavik soon, but shout-outs go out to Icelandic Street Food, BURRO Tapas + Steaks, Saegreifinn, Matarkjallarinn (main course pictured below from their surf and turf set menu), and the bakery DEIG for delicious buffins and salted caramel doughnuts!

Back home in London I had brunch at Ben's Canteen and The Little Blue Door, lunch at Wahaca with a friend, a post half marathon Sunday roast at The Wellington, finally got to try Dumpling Shack, and I thoroughly enjoyed Mexican Fried Chicken at KERB at the Gherkin.

What I saw:
Films watched: Isn't it Romantic, Crazy Rich Asians, Smallfoot, Johnny English Strikes Again, Mission:Impossible Fallout, Iron Man, Game Over, Man (this was dreadful), Captain America, Avengers Assemble, When We First Met, The Do-Over, Iron Man 2 and Captain America: The Winter Soldier. At the cinema: Captain Marvel (fab), Fighting with my Family (don't discount it because it's about wrestling) and Shazam! (dull).

TV-wise we finished watching The Good Place (really enjoyed it), watched The Disappearance of Madeline McCann (pretty pointless), and started watching season 4 of Billions (yey) and The Umbrella Academy. Documentaries watched: Free Solo (terrifying), Behind the Curve (terrifying in a different way) and Under an Arctic Sky.

What I read:
In March I read four books. No books stood out for me this month, unfortunately!

How was your month? x

No comments