The month that was: November 2018

What happened:
We headed to Kent to celebrate Olly's birthday, spent the day with two of our niblings at Drusillas Park (cute if you have some young children to enjoy it with), watched the fireworks at Wimbledon Park (nowhere as good as Battersea's), and headed to the West End to see Bat out of Hell (the plot was strange, but the staging was incredible).

Other than that, I've been catching up with friends, enjoying cosy evenings in, seeing the festive spirit arrive in London, plus a spot of holiday planning... a trip to Iceland! I saw a faint shimmer of green in the skies, back when I lived in Scotland, so I'm hoping we'll get to see the all singing and dancing lights – I can't wait!

What I ate:
I tried one of Le Bab's kebabs (nice enough but overhyped), pork carnitas from Temper City (tasty but they need to give you more than one paratha), a birthday dinner for Olly at Il Girasole (yummy Italian), and pizza from Franco Manca (as always, a super generous sized pizza for the price).

I also enjoyed the ShackMeister from Shake Shack (top burger), the South Bank local special burger from Honest Burgers (scrumptious, and we got to use one of our Time Out Burger Box cards) and the Athenian menu at The Real Greek (it's not the best Greek food in London, but it's cheap and cheerful).

What I watched:
Films watched: Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Kubo and the Two Strings, The Dark Knight Rises, Maze Runner: The Death Cure, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, White Chicks, Father Figures, CHiPs: Law and Disorder, Brigsby Bear and The Other Guys. At the cinema: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindlewald (how, and why, on earth were solid Harry Potter facts changed when J.K. Rowling wrote the screenplay!?) and The Girl in the Spider's Web (disappointing; this was not Lisbeth Salander from the books, and the shift in plot from the book was a baaaad idea).

TV shows watched: Sharp Objects (too slow-paced) and season two of Westworld (not even a fraction as good as the first season). We also watched Dynasties on the Beeb, which was as lovely as always – apart from when the baby penguins didn't make it.

What I read:
In November I read eleven books and abandoned reading two books. My favourite (5*) read of the month was Anything You Do Say by Gillian McAllister. I also enjoyed (4*) The Wives by Lauren Weisberger.

How was your month? x

No comments