The month that was: November 2017

What happened:
A late November round-up from me because we headed out to Cuba on the 25th, which meant we were away at the end of the month. So, yes, Cuba happened in November! For our first week we just relaxed at our resort, the Royalton Hicacos in Varadero. I'll be sharing posts about our full trip, including Havana, at some point!

Royalton Hicacos, Varadero, Cuba
Before Cuba, we celebrated Olly's birthday, I finished the first draft of book 6 (I wrote about 34,000 words this month; I still don't have a title), I caught up with friends, and I started getting ready for Christmas. I was ready for a holiday after all of this!

What I ate:
I enjoyed some pub grub at Mug House, awesome pizza at Made in Italy on Northcote Road, my usual order at Pho (Bún gà Huế), plus had my first taste of Cuban food.

Pizza, Made in Italy, Battersea, London

What I watched:
TV-wise we continued watching Blue Planet IIRiverdale and Chef's Table. We finished watching Stranger Things (loved it) and Year Million (some of the concepts for the future are terrifying, but it was really interesting), and also started watching Mindhunter.

IMDB Top 50 films watched: The Silence of the Lambs (24), It's A Wonderful Life (25) and Se7en (22). Other films watched: Wayne's World, The Girl on the Train, Paddington, I Love You Man, Rogue One, American Reunion, Mechanic: Resurrection, The Incredibles, Baywatch, The Boss Baby, Chariots of Fire and We're the Millers.

At the cinema, we watched: Murder on the Orient Express (I found the pace too slow), A Bad Moms Christmas (amusing at times),  Justice League (mediocre), Paddington 2 (lovely) and Battle of the Sexes (super interesting).

What I read:
In November I read 16 books, and abandoned reading one book. My favourite reads of the month were (4*): The Rome Affair by Karen Swan, The Color Purple by Alice Walker, Tower of Dawn by Sarah J Maas and A Winter's Wish by Alice Ross.

How was your month? x

No comments