The month that was: October 2017

What happened:
Another super quiet month. I've been working hard on book 6, we headed to Berkshire for a friend's wedding, visited the deer at Richmond Park, caught up with friends and family in London and Kent, plus celebrated a 30th birthday at Hever Castle Golf Club. Next month will be more exciting because it's finally time to jet off to Cuba - I can't wait!


What I ate:
This month I continued to cook lots from Jamie Oliver's new(ish) 5 Ingredients book - definitely a go-to book for easy and tasty weekday dinners, if you need some inspiration. The sausage carbonara recipe is probably my favourite. I also tried KFC's infamous Double Down burger (the concept of it was better in my head).

What I watched:
TV-wise we finished watching Legion (not my cup of tea at all), W1A and GBBO, continued watching Year Million, and started dipping in and out of Chef's Table. We tried to get into Master of None, and couldn't, and immediately started watching season two of both Riverdale and Stranger Things when they returned to Netflix. And, of course, Blue Planet II when it hit the Beeb.

From the IMDB list we ticked off: Casablanca (34) and Fight Club (10). Other films watched: Blades of Glory, Gold, The Golden Compass, Lion, The Founder, Captain Fantastic, Moonlight, The Edge of Seventeen, 17 Again and Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2. At the cinema we watched Blade Runner 2049 (beautifully and bleakly shot), The Death of Stalin (amusing at times), Goodbye Christopher Robin (sweet but sad) and Thor: Ragnarok (loved all the nods to the 80s).

What I read:
In October I read seven books, one short story, and I abandoned reading two books. My favourite books of the month were Swing Time by Zadie Smith and New York, Actually by Sarah Morgan.

How was your month? x

No comments