The month that was: September 2017


What happened:
Another quiet month! The highlight was seeing The Killers perform at O2 Academy Brixton, who were amazing (as always!). They had Woody Harrelson on stage to intro a song, The Calling, and it's actually one of my favourites from their new album (he intros it on the album, too). I'm a big fan of Wonderful Wonderful and have been listening to it lots this month.

We headed to Kent for the weekend to catch up with family, had family visit us at home, and I caught up with friends around London (including Notting Hill, pictured above). I got my hair done at Skyler London - it's lovely to be a nice blonde again - and we sorted out our visas for Cuba. I can't wait to go!

What I ate:
I enjoyed meals at WagamamaWahaca, Pho and The Joint - all places I've eaten at many times before - and I branched out from making chocolate cakes and went for this more grown-up white chocolate and pistachio cake. Yum! I've also been cooking lots of recipes from Jamie Oliver's new 5 Ingredients book - I highly recommend it.


What I watched:
TV-wise we watched the first two seasons of How to Get Away with Murder, which is good but also slightly ridiculous as the further you progress into the show, the more outlandish the plot becomes. We finally watched the second season of Humans, and also started watching the documentary Year Million. It's about the future of humanity, so very fitting!

I binge-watched The Cuckoo's Calling and The Silkworm, which were both excellent - Tom Burke was perfect as Strike - and tried to watch The Five, but couldn't get into it. Documentary-wise, I watched Iris and, of course, GBBO is back. Currently we're watching Legion.

Films watched: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Passengers, Kung Fu Panda 3, Sully, A Monster Calls, Kingsman: The Secret Service, Before I Fall, Blade Runner, Little Fockers, xXx: The Return of Xander Cage and Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls. We also ticked off another IMDB film: Inception (14). At the cinema we watched American Made (interesting story) and Kingsman: The Golden Circle (not as good as the first movie).

What I read:
In September I read 21 books and abandoned reading four books. My favourite book of the month (5* read) was The Forever House by Veronica Henry. I loved rereading Danny the Champion of the World by Roald Dahl, as well as Angels and Demons and The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. I also enjoyed (4*): A Merciful Death by Kendra Elliot, The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout, I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai, The Case of Beasts by Mark Salisbury, The Long Weekend by Veronica Henry, I Am Watching You by Teresa Driscoll, Last Breath by Robert Bryndza, The Picture House by the Sea by Holly Hepburn and How to Stop Time by Matt Haig.

How was your month? x

No comments