The month that was: October 2016

What happened:
Not much! We flew home from Florida on the 1st, and spent the first week or so getting back into a routine. At the weekends we went to Kent to visit Olly's family, and Yorkshire to visit mine. We've caught up with friends... and that's about it!

Autumn day Nostell Priory, Yorkshire

Halloween pumpkin carving
We did go to the Halloween events at Midnight Apothecary and Barrio Brixton after dinner at a friend's house - that's the first time we've been back to Brixton since we moved from there earlier this year, though I probably should go back more since book 6 is set there!

What I ate:
I cooked quite a lot of simple Mexican food for dinner this month: this Mexican chicken stew dish is ideal for an after-work dinner, as are these smoky pork and black bean tacos. Oh, and Jamie's chicken fajitas, too. (I have my own salsa recipe that I like to use.) If you have any easy Mexican recipes, do share!

What I watched:
We finished watching GBBO, and watched Stranger Things. I love Dustin! I also binge watched the first season of Gossip Girl, and some of the second season (I've watched season one before and some of season two, but not the rest of them).

Films watched: Hocus Pocus, Daddy's Home, Bad Boys, The 5th Wave, Sisters and The Danish Girl. At the cinema I watched Bridget Jones's Baby, which was a delight. Renee Zellweger is always *perfect* as Bridget.

What I read:
In October I read 23 books and abandoned reading 18 books. I have so many unread books on my Kindle that I've decided to be quite ruthless - if the book hasn't piqued my interest in the first few chapters, I'm not finishing it. (Sorry!)

My favourite reads of the month were Twisted Palace by Erin Watt, All About the Hype by Paige Toon, Stardust by Neil Gaiman, Abducted by T.R. Ragan and A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas.

How was your month? x

No comments