The month that was: March 2016


What happened:
When I first started writing Found, the third Arielle Lockley book, a voice jumped out at me that wasn't Arielle's. Other than Ob's voice telling the prologue and epilogue in Lost, it's always been Arielle telling her story, but I decided to let this character narrate Part I in Found with Arielle narrating Part II.

The closer I got to finishing Found though in March, the more I thought that Part I should be a stand-alone story... so it will be! B-Side tells the events of Lost from the perspective of Etta, Felicity's goddaughter, and will be out in May 2016. Found will now be released in summer 2016. I can't wait to share these two stories!

Other than writing/editing, I caught up with an old uni friend at Strawberry Hill House in March, plus we had lots of visitors to the house. Olly's parents, sister and nan came over for Sunday lunch; the following weekend his sister and her husband stayed over to plan our summer holiday with them.

Dad also came to stay to look after Compy whilst Olly and I went to Disneyland Paris with my brother and his family. I'll be blogging all about our visit, but we had a brilliant time. The only thing I would change, if I could, was the weather - it was quite cold, windy and rainy whilst we were there. Brrrrr! My favourite ride? Had to be Space Mountain: Mission 2.

What I ate:
I gave Simply Cook another go, and also tried out Marley Spoon, another subscription cooking box where they send you all the ingredients. (With Simply Cook you only get the flavourings). My favourite Marley Spoon dish was, surprisingly, the veggie one (below)! I also met a friend for a catch-up dinner at Jamie Oliver's Piccadilly pub restaurant, and baked a Mini Egg chocolate cake (recipe here; I substituted Maltesers for Mini Eggs).


In Disneyland we ate dinner at Walt's and Silver Spur Steakhouse, and in the Disney Village at Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show and the Rainforest Cafe. Olly got horrific food poisoning from the Rainforest Cafe, so we won't be eating there ever again!

What I watched:
I finished watching the most recent season of Pretty Little Liars, and also watched the latest season of House of Cards. At the cinema we watched Deadpool, which wasn't really my cup of tea.

Other films watched: Love, Rosie, What We Did on Our Holiday, Tomorrowland, Lost in Translation, Olympus Has Fallen, San Andreas, Spooks: The Greater Good, X+Y, Man Up, Super 8, Survivor, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part I and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part II.

What I read:
In March I read 8 books, and enjoyed A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith the most. I also really liked The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey, Fingersmith by Sarah Waters, Smart Girl by Rachel Hollis and Room by Emma Donoghue. Lots of lovely books read in March!

How was your month? x

No comments