ASOS haul: February 2015

I'm heading to Morocco in April to celebrate my birthday, which brings up the issue of what to wear whilst I'm there. I don't own any shorts, skirts or dresses that sit at or below knee-length, and I don't want to spend a fortune on buying new clothes, but I do need to stay cool and look respectable. Some suggest that women cover from wrist to ankle, but as we'll be in Marrakech - a city used to tourists - I'll be sticking to covering up my knees, shoulders and chest.

First up, I ordered this ASOS pleated midi skirt in mint (£14 in the sale, down from £35), and this floral printed scuba midi skirt by New Look (£22.99); both would work well for a day and evening look. But, then I needed to order the mint skirt in a smaller size, and I ended up ordering a further five skirts as I'd somehow missed the full sale section!

I'm definitely keeping this midi skirt in floral rose print (£12, down from £30; bottom left), and the River Island tropical print full skirt (£8, reduced from £28; bottom right). I really loved the New Look skirt, but this way I can get two lovely skirts for less than the price of the New Look one - sold!

I probably won't take this skirt to Morocco, but the ASOS full midi skirt in scuba with pockets (£12, down from £30; bottom left) was too pretty to send back. Isn't cobalt blue a gorgeous colour? I *nearly* kept the cream midi skater skirt with lace insert hem by Love (£10.50, down from £35) but in the flesh it looks like the sort of thing that you'd wear once, and then it'd disintegrate in the washing machine!

The final skirt I ordered, which is also going back, was another mint-coloured midi skirt (£10, down from £38) - I'm not convinced that mint is my colour!

I also snapped up this Little Mistress maxi dress (£58). It had sold out in my size when I spotted it, but I kept checking back in the hope that someone had returned it... someone eventually did!

When it arrived, things didn't add up. The model's height is listed as my height, yet she has a gap between the dress hem and the floor: I had about six inches of material dragging along the floor. I don't want to wear sky high heels, so this has sadly gone back.

All-in-all, I picked up three skirts for the bargain total of £32. You've got to love a sale! I still need to find a dress to wear for my birthday, but I've got a while. Have you picked up any bargains recently? x

No comments