Rome: The best of the rest

I promise, this is my last post on Rome, though not on my Italian adventure as I still need to tell you all about Sicily! There's so much to see that it's impossible to see everything on one trip, unless you stay in Rome for a few weeks, that is! 

Take this, for example, the Altare della Patria (Altar of the Fatherland), also known as the Monumento Nazionale a Vittorio Emanuele II. And because those aren't enough names, you may also hear it referred to as the wedding cake or the typewriter! It's a gorgeous building - some call it ostentatious - but I've never been here to see the Tomb of the Unknown Solider or go up on the roof to admire the view of Rome.

Trajan's Forum is near Il Vittoriano and the Roman Forums; other than quickly walking though this area to get elsewhere, again, I've never explored it properly.

The Palace of Justice sits near Castel Sant'Angelo, and it's a beauty of a building. The supreme court of Italy, it requires more than just a passing glance at it, which is all I've ever had time to give it, sadly.

There are so many other marvellous places in Rome that I've not visited or mentioned during my visits to Italy's capital, which means I'll just have to go back! Where have you been to in Rome that you think I must add to my "to-do" list? x

No comments