Beauty: My Little Box October 2014

Receiving My Little Box is like receiving a really nice birthday present each month. It's well thought out, looks oh-so-lovely, but you don't really *need* what they send you. My Little Box is a treat, it's not an essential, but isn't that the point of it?

My rumination last month that DVF meant Diane von Furstenberg was, indeed, correct. Yey, because I'm a big fan of DVF wrap dresses! I couldn't wait to see was waiting for me inside the My Little Box by Dianne von Furstenberg.

This is what I found inside October's box:

It all looks lovely but, actually, how was it? The L'Occitane shea vanilla bouquet hand cream definitely made my hands feel smoother; it smells nice but, to me, it doesn't really smell of vanilla! Unlike last month, I liked this month's My Little Beauty product which was a micellar water cleanser. As for the Laque Noire hairspray from Kérastase, the scent wasn't overpowering and it did its job. Three great beauty products in this month's box.

I felt, however, that the magazine was just one big advertorial for Diane von Furstenberg, and I'm not sure what I'll do with the pin badge. I like the inspirational print, but I hope that next month the magazine has some real content included, rather than pure promotional material. I appreciate that this is a box designed by DVF, so she/her company should be in the magazine, but I just felt there could have been more of a balance. I adore the scarf though, and I feel the inclusion of it gave this month's box a prestige tone. It was nicely wrapped, too.

Receiving My Little Box is such a delight, and I get great pleasure in opening my beautifully wrapped box to see what treats are inside it. Sure, I've not as impressed with the beauty contents as I am with Glossybox but, as the French would say, this box has a certain je ne sais quoi that Glossybox doesn't have. (And, let's face it, it also has a different  purpose to Glossybox, so it's slightly unfair me comparing the two.)

A subscription to My Little Box costs £14.95 a month, which includes P&P, and you can cancel at any time. Let me know what you make of it, and I'll be sure to share my thoughts when I receive November's box! x

No comments