Beauty: Glossybox October 2014 review

I've tried Birchbox, and I've tried My Little Box, but it's Glossybox that gets my attention now. I signed up for a three month subscription, making it £12.75 per month, which includes P&P. I also had a code when I signed up, so I got a free random box sent to me.

The first box I received from Glossybox was the random box, which was their "Seaside Splash" box from July 2013, pictured to the left. I'm not going to review this box, but it was a welcome bonus and I have five extra products to try - thanks!

What I am going to tell you about is October's UK Glossybox, which is their "Pop Art" edition:

First up, would you look at the box itself? I love the design, and I like that this was sent to me via a tracked Royal Mail service. Birchbox came by Yodel, and I'm not a fan of their service... points to Glossybox!

I was sent four full-size products, plus two samples, and what awesome products and samples they are - I've had a bounteous box this month!

First up, I tried Nuxe's Crème Fraîche de Beauté Mask. They sent me the 50ml tube, which costs £19.50 to buy. You apply the mask on your face for ten minutes and then either rub in the excess or remove it with toner. I had a few dried bits on my face from the mask so I used a little toner to get rid of these, and my face still felt super soft afterwards. Win!

The être belle liplift peel is, again, a full product. Costing 12.95, it's an exfoliator for your lips. It left mine feeling smooth and soft - a result, especially with the threat of chapped lips emerging as the weather turns colder.

I was also sent a flutter mascara by So Susan, which costs £14.95. It definitely gives your lashes an intense black colour, but I didn't get the promised "voluminous, multi-dimensional lashes in just one coat". Mine were a little flat, if I'm honest, and the mascara doesn't dry very quickly... I ended up with black smudges around my eyes when I blinked. Doh! I'll be sticking to my Chanel Inimitable mascara.

The Ciaté nail polish is a gorgeous purple colour, or "Talent Scout" as they like to call it. Costing £9, this nail polish looks great on my toes, and is the perfect colour for autumn and winter.

I'm excited that I have a perfume sample in my Glossybox this month as I hate going to department stores and getting attacked by the perfume people. Yves Rocher's Quelques Notes D'Amours smells absolutely gorgeous, and I've ordered a full-size bottle of this perfume. They are having a sale at the moment on this perfume, plus Glossybox sent me a £5 off code, meaning I picked up a 50ml bottle for a mere £22.50. I also had free postage, could pick three free samples, plus will be sent a different 50ml perfume with my order. Thanks! Oh, and I used Quidco, so I get £2.25 cashback - I am the bargain queen!

Finally, I received a sample of Rimmel's Matte BB Cream in shade fair. The consistency of this BB cream is awful as it's really runny - squeezing the cream gently on to the back of my hand saw quite a bit of it squirt on to the floor - but the coverage is amazing. I like what it does to my face, not so much to the floorboards (thank goodness it didn't land on the rug!).

So, what's my verdict on October's UK Glossybox? Well, I have to say that I am super impressed and can't wait for November's box to arrive! This box was brilliant value: I can't believe I received four amazing full-size products, worth about £53.70 in total, as well as two lovely samples and a gorgeously-designed box, all for £9.50. Sorry Birchbox, I think I've found my beauty box winner! x

No comments