Glee Live! In Concert! 2011

I love musicals. We all know this. And awesome seats at musicals, it goes without saying. So it comes as no surprise that I'm a bit of a fan of the TV show Glee. And y'know, given they are touring this summer... A-huh! It has to mean awesome seats at Glee!

You know those teeny bopper concerts with 12 year olds screeching like banshees at their pop idols? Yeah, that was me. When Puck (Mark Salling) came on and was a mere 7 metres away from me, I shattered glass. Well, I would have done if they didn't make you put your drinks in plastic cups (that's why they do that Treacles, FYI). To be fair though, I screeched pretty much non-stop. 

The show opened with the pretty sweet moving warm act of The Legion of Extraordinary Dancers. But, of course, it *really* opens with Don't Stop Believin' - the signature song - after a video intro from Sue and Mr Schu.

The show has a narration to it, so it wasn't them just singing the songs, and included such gems as Brittany asking if anyone wanted to go up on stage. Her response? "Well, you can't." CLASSIC!

I was giddy throughout and utterly adored the inclusion of The Warblers (cue, more screaming). It's a high energy gem of a show, though it wasn't glitch free. During Santana's take on Valerie, the mic didn't work for the opening lines, which seemed to throw her and the song was very weak. I'd have preferred them covering Bad Romance to Lady Gaga's Born this Way, and some of the set list wasn't that WOW in terms of song choice. Seriously, Ke$ha's Tik Tok - that would have been AWESOME SAUCE!

All-in-all, utterly fabbity and I'll definitely go again if they do another tour. Can I go to McKinley High, please!? I think I'd fit in well.{^_^}

Set list:

1. Don't Stop Believin'
2. Dog Days Are Over
3. Sing
4. I'm a Slave 4 U
5. Fat Bottomed Girls
6. I Want to Hold Your Hand
7. Ain't No Way

8. P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)
9. Born This Way
11. Teenage Dream - The Warblers
12. Silly Love Songs - The Warblers
13. Raise Your Glass - The Warblers
14. Happy Days Are Here Again / Get Happy
15. Lucky
16. River Deep, Mountain High
17. Jessie's Girl
18. Valerie
19. Loser Like Me
20. Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)
21. The Safety Dance
22. Empire State of Mind
23. Somebody to Love

No comments