Playing catch-up

OK, I really need to get back into blogging properly. When thinking back to the past few years, I made the conclusion that I am a seasonal writer. I figured it was the nights getting darker that made me stop reading books and inspired me to start writing them. But, actually, my main writing "season" also seems to correlate with the empty months between the end of the Formula 1 season and the start of the next one ... Hmm!

Speaking of which, I am so happy Jenson (and Brawn GP) won the World Championship this year. I've been a massive fan of his since he started out in F1 back in 2000, and I really hope he signs back to Brawn GP for the 2010 season.

Sadly, I didn't win the Sydney trip, but I'm very pleased that Mili did. {^_^} Thanks to everyone who commented/tweeted re: my Sydney posts - much appreciated!

Now that I'm not getting a free jolly, I have to stop spending so much money on books (it's a crazy amount!). Since my Recommended Reads post, I now have to recommend: Moth Smoke (Mohsin Hamid), The Kite Runner (Khaled Hosseini), and Ian Fleming's James Bond books.

I was a wee bit disappointed with The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (Stieg Larsson), but I loved re-reading two of my favourite books: Bridget Jones's Diary (Helen Fielding) and The Secret Island (Enid Blyton). ♥ If you use GoodReads, add me to see what I rate each book I read. One day I'll be a GoodReads author and my books will be on there. {^_^}

I'm still working on my submission package for TROG, and then I'm majorly excited about resuming Tabitha (once I've typed up what I have so far of that draft. Anyone know a decent, free voice-typing package? I hate typing up drafts!). I love Tabitha because I alternate chapters between the voice of Tabitha and the voice of her dishy doctor - it's very fun writing from a male perspective! :D

Hope you're all well - even though I've not been commenting as much on blogs, I have been reading them; I'm going to get back into my good blogging habits of old, I promise! -x-

2 comments

  1. Can't wait; I'm addicted to reading other writers' blogs.

    I'm coming up to subbing my novel too, once I get this damned synopsis done. It's a nightmare. How can 1,000 words be harder to write than 125,000?!

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know - the synopsis is KILLING me. It just seems IMPOSSIBLE. *sigh* Good luck with yours!! :)

    ReplyDelete