Lots of lovely new books to read!

I have to admit, I put a mammoth order in from Amazon, and now lots and lots of lovely books have arrived (as well as the Wicked Broadway O/S, which I saw last year on the West End, and kept forgetting to buy the soundtrack, which now reminds me, I meant to buy the book - gah! Next order!)!

I also ordered:

* The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson
* The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas - John Boyne
* Dracula - Bram Stoker
* The Constant Princess - Philippa Gregory
* Crime and Punishment - Fyodor Dostoyevsky
* Mrs Beeton's Book of Household Management

which can be classed as more "literary" (apart from good ol' Mrs Beeton, of course!) I think I actually already have a copy of Dracula... somewhere, but it's part of the Penguin Popular Classics series. These have green covers, and more importantly, RRP at £2 (usually £1.60 or £1.80 on Amazon). Fantastically bargainous!

I've also got Twilight by Stephenie Meyer - any good? As for the chick lit books, I've bought a few of the Meg Cabot books I forgot to get when they were first published, and am trying out chick lit writer Carmen Reid for the first time. I think I'm going to like Carmen because of her cute, colourful covers and because she said about aspiring writers:

I think the writers who get published are the stubborn ones who just keep writing and refuse to give up!

I hope she's right! What books are people reading at the moment? Any recommendations for me when I put in my next Amazon order, other than the Wicked books (oh, and I'm going to try the Gossip Girl books too - anyone read these, or should I stick to the TV series?)?

If I don't blog for a while, you know why! I'll be tucked away with all my lovely books! x

6 comments

  1. I took home 5 books from Barnes and Noble yesterday... Of course, I'm more of a Self-Help book reader, but regardless, it was a big trip for me, with a big receipt to match :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent read the gossip girl books, but I really want to. Let me know if any of those books are good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HIGHLY recommend that you get "The Broke Diaries" by Angela Nissel. Chronicles her time in college when she was an extremely broke student. It's a hilarious book, and had me laughing out loud on the bus (while people looked at me weird).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will def. check out The Broke Diaries - thanks for the recommendation!

    I've read most of my books now, apart from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Crime & Punishment.

    I can't say I warmed to the Carmen Reid books like I thought I would, but I ♥'d Twilight. ♥♥♥ It's probably my favourite read out of all the books I ordered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm chick-lit through and through so go for anything pink-looking. But I recommend generally the little black dress books imprint - think it's hodder who do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers Paula - I will check those out as well when I put in my next order. Mmmmm - books! ♥

    ReplyDelete